Insomniac’s Resistance: Fall of Man was a launch PLAYSTATION 3 which I never got around to playing. It was well received and I enjoyed the demo, but it never grasped me. Well, two years later, Insomniac will (hopefully) be releasing its sequel, Resistance 2, in Fall 2008.
The latest issue of Game Informer reveals some tasty tidbits of the upcoming first person shooter including:
- One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA, 1 player
- One separate story based campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online
- Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people, lobbies for individual squads
- Classes for online, templates include Heavy, Special Ops, Medic
- New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)
- Partial randomized geometry in level spots
- Insane stat tracking coupled with MyResistance.net
More info? Check out the NeoGAF post. As for screens? Buy a copy of Game Informer or wander over to another forum.
60 players for a console game is an amazingly high number, but it’s possible thanks to dedicated servers. (XBL what?) I do not believe you need 60 players to have an awesome multiplayer experience. I hope Insomniac solves the problems BattleField 2 had where it’s nothing more than pockets of fighting and the majority of the map is left unused.
As for the rest of the stuff? Holy shit, Insomniac! How do manage to do all of this? Three AAA games in three years?!
I guess it’s about time for me to pick up Resistance: Fall of Man and give it a try.