Thanks to most of the QSF5 crew and their respective significant others for contributing to my first poker win. I was wreckless and made crazy predictions, but in the end it paid off. I’m guessing it had something to do with the raised alcohol levels of the other key players as well. Oh, and the much appreciated beginner’s luck helped as well.
Since we’re on the topic of making guesses, I thought I’d take a stab at predicting what we’ll be seeing at E3 2008. Below you’ll find some of the stuff I’ve heard, some of the stuff I want to see and some of the stuff I dreamt up.
So very little has been announced by Nintendo. There are some guesses like the ones I’ve picked below, but nothing official has come out for Nintendo.
- Animal Crossing Wii – Nintendo’s life simulator should be receiving a Wii sequel. I personally never played Animal Crossing, but I know it’s a no-brainer that Nintendo will be using the wi-fi capabilities in this one.
- Pikmin 3 – The third installment of Miyamoto’s gardening inspired franchise should be making its way to the Wii.
- A Retro Studios title – These guys have been quiet since the release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I wonder what they’re up to these days.
- Kid Icarus Wii – It’s been rumored for awhile.
- Another peripheral – I have no idea what Nintendo could add, but they’re certainly aren’t shy about announcing new hardware peripherals.
- Wii Music – No idea how it’ll work, but it’s one of those games we saw long ago.
- Wii Sports 2 – More sports.
- A new Nintendo DS w/ internal flash storage – They don’t need it since the current DS Lite is still selling like hotcakes, but wouldn’t it be nice to have a Virtual Console service for handhelds? Imagine downloading old GBA games straight into memory from the Nintendo Shopping channel. Current DS Lites can get in on the fun with purchasable memory cartridge.
- More colors for the Wii – They still can’t/won’t stock store shelves to the brim and they definitely don’t need to rejuvenate the hardware line, but wouldn’t it just be nice to pick up a black colored Nintendo Wii?
- Nintendo Wii storage solution
Either Microsoft has been unlucky when it comes to secrets or they’ve been intentionally dropping hints on their upcoming products. Regardless, I have a lot more to work with when it comes to Microsoft and here are some of my guesses.
- Forza Motorsport 3 – It was part that great leak, but I think it’s about time to announce the next installment of their racer.
- Lips – It’s actually official now. I’m sure we’ll see/hear more about Microsoft’s challenger to the Singstar franchise. Karaoke duels. Woo!
- Gears of War 2 – Duh. Some single player campaign details would be nice.
- Fable 2 – The more info, the better. Hopefully the game is coming together really well.
- Halo Wars – More on Microsoft’s contribution to RTS games on consoles.
- Too Human – More Too Human. Demo on Monday!
- Xbox 360 Pro 20 GB phased out. Pro 60 GB in.
- Price cut for Pro line: $299.99 USD
- Dishwasher – XNA games finally coming to XBLA? Please.
- Geometry Wars 2
- Other XBLA games.
- Alan Wake – Remedy Entertainment’s “psychological action thriller“. Anything! Any new info would be nice. It’s from the guys who made Max Payne.
- 360’s Motion controller – It’s been heavily rumored.
- New 360 interface – In addition to the Dashboard, Microsoft may be offering their version of Home with Mii look-alikes. It’s been denied, but if Microsoft is going all out of to capture some of that Wii audience, this makes some sense.
- Bungie’s Next Project – No idea what it is, but here’s an excellent opportunity to announce something.
- Xbox 360 Slim or Redesign – Crush all the RROD problems release a new redesign. I’d replace my 360 with it.
Promise. Lots of promise, but will they begin to deliver them any time soon? Sony has a lot of secrets which we’ve heard very little of.
- Killzone 2 – More info on this gorgeous and grey shooter. Maybe some co-op?
- Resistance 2 – More details. Is it still 60 player multiplayer? More details and more footage, please.
- LittleBigPlanet – I think I’ve seen enough of this game, but what I would like is an open beta. Make it happen.
- Wipeout HD – Probably released during E3 week! Finally.
- PixelJunk Eden – More PSN goodness.
- White Knight Chronicles – More info from this first party JRPG would be nice.
- Home – An open beta would be very nice. Oh, and a release date of said beta.
- Motostorm 2
- Patapon 2
- LocoRoco 2
- Other PSN games.
- Team Ico game – So what are they up to? I want more from the Shadow of the Colossus developer.
- Gran Turismo 5 – Details on the real game, soon?
- God of War 3 – It’s about time for Kratos to take on next-gen.
- Devil May Cry PSP
- Gran Turismo PSP
- The video store
- Uncharted 2 – This would be very soon, but I want more of it.
- Price drop – They really want to make money, but will they succumb to Microsoft’s pressure?
Titles we’ll see from the third parties. There are lots and here are some off the top of my head
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Fallout 3
- Resident Evil 5
- Street Fighter IV
- Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
- Mad World (Wii)
- Prince of Persia reboot – There’s a preview from IGN.
- Bioshock (PS3) – Revealing exclusive features?
- Dragon Age – The teaser was tame.
- Dissidia (PSP)
- FarCry 2
- Tekken 6
- Mass Effect 2
- Doom 4
- Next Wolfenstein game
- Zone of The Enders 3
- Crytek’s console game
- Final Fantasy VII remake
- Duke Nukem Forever
That’s it from me. There’s a lot more and I probably missed some important ones, but let’s see how much of this is true.