I never played a Dragon Quest game til the end. In fact, I never gained a single level in a Dragon Quest game. The reason? I found them to be utterly boring. The last DQ game I tried was DQ8 for the PS2, but that was during my harsher years. That was a time when I thought high quality gaming only consisted of burly men with guns shooting aliens from space. Oh, and it wasn’t very Final Fantasy-like. I was ignorant.
Now that I don’t find that kind of noise to be the only form of gaming, perhaps I would appreciate the upcoming Nintendo DS remake dubbed Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen.
Press release and screenshots to follow:
DRAGON QUEST® IV: Chapters of the ChosenTM
Scenario & Game Design / General Director: Yuji Horii
Character Design: Akira Toriyama
Music: Koichi Sugiyama
Publisher: Square Enix, Inc.
Platform: Nintendo DS™
ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10 and older)
Ship Date: September 16, 2008
For the first time, a full-fledged DRAGON QUEST adventure arrives on Nintendo DS with DRAGON QUEST IV: Chapters of the Chosen. The brainchild of series creator Yuji Horii, the DRAGON QUEST series has continued to excite and enchant players with its engaging storylines, charming characters designed by world-famous manga artist Akira Toriyama and imaginative worlds complemented by the memorable scores of renowned composer Koichi Sugiyama. Experience an adventure of epic proportions, presented through a unique portrayal of multiple character perspectives. While retaining the classic look and feel of the original release, this remake breathes new life into a much-loved entry in the DRAGON QUEST series with 3D graphics, dual screen presentation and newly animated monsters.
A prestigious army captain, an adventurous princess seeking to test her skills beyond palace walls, a humble merchant aspiring to open his own shop, and two sisters who wish to avenge their father’s death… These seemingly unrelated individuals will soon cross paths when fate brings them together to journey alongside you, the hero. Dive into this unique adventure, and discover an epic tale told through the experiences and emotions of characters from all walks of life.
- Embark on a journey to explore the land, seas and skies of the DRAGON QUEST universe in this grand entry from the Zenithia Trilogy. Soon to follow are DRAGON QUEST V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride™ and DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Reverie™, never before released in North America.
- Indulge in the colorful DRAGON QUEST world created by Yuji Horii, combined with the charming characters and monsters designed by Akira Toriyama and memorable soundtrack from famed composer Koichi Sugiyama to create an unforgettable gaming experience.
- Experience the world of DRAGON QUEST through the perspectives of multiple characters with a unique, chapter-driven storyline
- Journey through a beautifully rendered 3D world, with dynamic dual screen presentation and newly animated monsters.
- Enjoy an all-new English translation that incorporates 13 known dialects from around the globe, bringing the diverse world and characters of DRAGON QUEST to life.
- Unravel the ancient mystery behind a cursed kingdom by expanding your town via Chance Encounter mode, available through local wireless connection.