Update #2: Looks like DoubleFine’s Brutal Legend is going to be fine.
Update: Apparently, Ghostbusters is still rolling.
So Activision-Blizzard decided to put out a list of franchises they’ll be publishing from the Vivendi Games branch:
- Crash Bandicoot
- Spyro the Dragon
- Ice Age
- unannounced game
Great! Oh wait! What happened to the rest of the Vivendi Games? The following games are now publisher-less and will stay that way until somebody comes along and forks out the money to distribute them.
- Brutal Legend
- Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
- World at Conflict: Soviet Assault
- 50 Cent Blood on the Sand,
- Zombie Wranglers
- Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
- Some Xbox Live Arcade titles
Tough break for 50 Cent and Riddick. Let’s hope other publishers see these projects are worthwhile and pick them up.