I recall the trailer of this PSN bound side-scrolling shooter and I thought it didn’t look too bad. I was actually drawn to the game’s soundtrack more than anything else.
Well after many months, it looks like this title is finally hitting PlayStation Network in October of this year.
Here’s the PR spin and some screenshots to boot:
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment
system with plenty of new features – Release targeted for October 2008
For Immediate Release
Hong Kong – September 08, 2008 — eastasiasoft, Hong Kong based publisher of interactive entertainment, today announced further release details of their upcoming video game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (URL: http://www.soldner-x.com) for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
The PLAYSTATION®3 system version contains lots of additional new features not found in the original 2007
PC version release, including audio and visual improvements, updated game play, trophies support and much more.
Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is anticipated to be released on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North
America in October 2008, with other territories expected to follow shortly after.
- Visual improvements including y-scrolling, new background animations, newly added effects and more
- Contains new enemies, including newly crafted standard foes and larger sub boss battles
- Additional boss battle and berserker mode background music (seven brand new tracks in total!)
- New sound effects added for an enhanced gaming experience
- Rebalanced game play with an easier default difficulty
- Rebalanced high score system, including new victory screens
- DUALSHOCK®3 and optional SIXAXIS™ support
- Trophies support
Further key features:
- 12 stages of beautiful parallax graphics and animations, staged across 4 fantastic world/space settings
- High definition graphics in up to 1080p
- Beautiful weather effects (such as rain, fog and lightning)
- Classic design, yet state-of-the-art shooter technology
- Unique upgrade weapon system with five standard weapon types
- Never before seen tactical elements such as chaining, effectiveness system, ‘berserker’ mode and more
- Plenty of hidden bonus features
- More than 20 extras (with both positive and negative effects!)
- Addictive collection quests
- Over-the-top boss fights
- Features a superb soundtrack and sound effects
- Up to fix modes of difficulty
- Easy to learn, yet tough to master
- Online high score ranking