After much waiting, the “Jasper” revision for Microsoft’s failure prone Xbox 360 has been spotted in the wild. Xbox-Scene have the nude pics for those who wish to see what’s under all that white plastic. For those who only care about the noteworthy changes, here’s the breakdown:
- 65 nm GPU (down from 90 nm) which results in a cooler running and (hopefully) longer lasting Xbox 360.
- 256 MB of internal storage (up from 16 MB)
- The New Xbox Experience will live in here along with Xbox Live! Arcade saves (according to VentureBeat)
- Current Xbox 360 owners are forced to use their hard drives and external memory units for the NXE.
- New 150W power supply introduced (down from 175W used with the ‘Falcon’ models)
Little to no info was revealed on how prospective buyers can pick one of these cured Xbox 360s, but it’s safe to say that the longer you wait, the more likely you are to get a “Jasper” unit.
As for me, with the NXE, my problematic DVD drive is no longer a problem. Now, I’m just fussing over the lack of affordable storage space.
Leave a Reply