Take a look kids. Media Molecule and Sony are bringing out a slew of new LBP content just in time for the Christmas holidays!
First up, a new patch with the following changes:
- Play – New Search Modes: More ways to find interesting levels like Most Hearted, Highest Rated and Busiest!
- In-game Store: Browse, buy and play downloadable content, such as the soon-to-be-released Metal Gear Solid packs, without needing to go to the Playstation Store
- Create – Save As: Save your level to a different slot on the moon while mid-edit.
- Share – Keyboard text chat: Plug a standard USB keyboard into your PS3 and just start typing. Or, press Tab on your keyboard to go straight to the standard PS3 text entry screen.
- Image export: save the photos you take in game to your hard drive.
- Fixed “Wheel of death” bug where Sackboy could get stuck endlessly respawning out of a checkpoint
- Better support for third party controllers
- Fixed stretch Sackboy arms
- General server improvements and optimization
- Improved the corner (vertex) editing tool
- Improvements to how Popit deals with complex shapes
- Improved Sackboy animation and made it harder to slap accidentally while acting
- Fixed lights so they don’t forget their colour
- Improved Online multiplayer level selection
Next? The Metal Gear Solid 4 two downloadable content packs:
First up the MGS4 costume pack which will cost $1.99 each or $5.99 for all four.
- Old Snake
- Meryl Silverburgh
- Screaming Mantis
The second pack of DLC is a premium level pack will cost $5.99 and will include:
- Gurlokovich Soldier costume
- 72 stickers
- 12 materials
- 10 decorations
- 18 objects
- 3 new interactive music tracks
- 1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
- New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
- New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
- New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments
- THE PAINTINATOR (Like a paintball gun for Sackboy)
- Paint Switch (used to explode things and splatter walls with paint
- 12 additional Trophies to unlock
Here’s a video showcasing all of the above:
Now I bet you’re wondering how this will work for level sharing? Apparently, you can play with the content even if you don’t own the level pack:
- Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. Now you won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can have tons of fun just PLAYing.
- MGS Level Pack owners will be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.
All of the above will be available next week on December 23rd! I’m so getting the level content pack.