Update: ‘Grapplers Pack’ aka ‘Brawler Pack’ will be included in the Collector’s Edition. Sadness. In addition, the “day one” patch was a mistranslation and will actually arrive at a later date.
I’m not condoning this trend, but I will “go with the flow” with this one. Just this one time. The Street Fighter IV downloadable content plans have been revealed through this week’s Famitsu magazine. Here is what you can get over the next few weeks:
- Grapplers Pack – Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte – Feb. 12
- Beauty Pack – Chun Li, C.Viper, Sakura, Rose, Cammy – Feb. 19
- Shoryuken Pack – Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, Dan – Feb. 26
- Shadoloo Pack – M. Bison, Sagat, Vega, Balrog, Seth – Mar. 5
- Classic Pack – Guile, Blanka, Dhalsim, Gen, Fei Long – Mar. 12
As you can see, these alternate costumes will only be available in five character bundles for 320 MS Points each (or about $3.99 in real money).
If you want to get all the costumes, you can wait for the ‘All-In Pack’ which includes everyone at the discounted price of 1000 MS Points aka $11.99. This pack will be available from April 30th.
Why am I not expressing outrage over this? Simple. Thanks to the voucher included in the collector’s edition, I will be picking up the ‘Beauty Pack’. I’ve looked over the alternate costume choices and the ones offered in the ‘Beauty Pack’ are by far the most desirable — well except for Rose’s.
Four out of five isn’t bad.
Oh, and one more thing. There will be a day one patch for Street Fighter IV which will include the following:
– On day one, when you put in the disc you’ll be prompted to download an update that will give you a Championship mode, which facilities play in a tournament format, allowing you to earn more Grade Points. Clearly this is for Ranked match… but I don’t see anything that says if there is an unranked/player-match Championship mode.
– Championship mode, as with Ranked and Player matches, can be played using the Arcade-interrupt method (or whatever it’s called; under player profile, there’s an Arcade-interrupt setting that you can change)
– If you rank in for Championship mode, or any of the Challenge modes (I think; the text is not very clear), you can choose to upload your replay file. Replay files can be viewed by anyone.
Leave a Reply