Killzone 2’s 1.24 patch and Street Fighter IV’s Championship patch and have been dated for April 22nd and April 24th, respectively.
I’m relatively pleased with the KZ2 patch changes, but I wish they would have added the ability to see server details in this patch. As for the SFIV Championship Mode patch? I guess it’s cool. I don’t play that game online very much, but perhaps these tournaments will entice me to invest more time into it. I want to get a new joystick and an octagonal gate for the FightStick before investing more time into it though.
Details on both patches are available and are as follows:
Killzone 2 1.24 Patch – April 22nd
From the PlayStation Forums via Killzone 2 forums.
On April 22nd at 8AM GMT, Guerrilla Games will release the next game update to their hit First Person Shooter Killzone 2, exclusive for the Playstation3.
The primary main aim of patch 1.24 is to enable the released versions of the game to play with Japanese release due on the 23rd of April 2009. It also enables support for the first DLC pack – “Steel and Titanium” available on the Playstation®Store from the 30th of April 2009 and we have added three additional ranks to the top-end of the rankings known as ‘Hardcore ranks’. There are also some minor improvements on finding and joining friends and clan member, but we will continue to improve on the system with the next update.
The patch is 57MB large and a full list of fixes and feature updates are below:
- AI – Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.
- AI – Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it’s dead.
- AI – Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.
- Campaign – Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.
- Clan – User name, not users clan displayed in rankings
- Clan – Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.
- Controls – Lean & Peak – Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.
- Cosmetic – Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.
- Cosmetic – White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p
- Create Game – “Badge Combination” option does not work properly
- Create Game – Online – “clan only” presets apply even after a player leaves a clan
- DLC – DLC pack 1 – ’Steel & Titanium’ support DLC – New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.
- Exploit – Helghan Industries – Player getting out of map fix.
- Exploit – Radec Academy – User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.
- Exploit – Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level
- Exploit – Salamun Market – One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out
- Exploit – Tharsis Depot – Player can get out of the “normal” play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots
- Feature – Invite player from friendslist Feature – Join Clan Member list added.
- Feature – Join Game – 17-24 players filter.
- Feature – MP – Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT
- Feature – The radar/map now has a larger radius
- Feature – Three additional ’Harcore’ Ranks added to the top limits.
- Front-end – Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament
- Front-end – Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in ’Rankings’
- Front-end – When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.
- Mods – Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments
- Mods – Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.
- Network – Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.
- Network – User is unable to use the ’Join Clan Member’ tab due to Network Error Code 20002.
- Online – File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.
- Sound – Turret placing sound continues when killed.
- Stability – Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle
- Stability – Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.
- Stability – Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist
- Stats – If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.
- Stats – Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
- Stats – Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.
- Stats – User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.
- Text – % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.
- Text – If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a ’$’ character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked
- Text – Minor Italian localization fix.
- Text – Minor Japanese localization fix.
- Tournament – Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn’t spawn in
- Trophies – Fix for Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely
Street Fighter IV Championship Patch – April 24th
Capcom is bringing new options to Street Fighter IV with an eye towards serious players. Street Fighter IV’ s new Championship Mode update expands on the fighting fun by offering players the chance to compete in tournaments and to watch replays of the best tournament matches. Best of all: it comes to you at no cost! The Championship Mode update will be available for both PS3 and Xbox 360 owners on Friday, April 24 (times TBD).
Championship Mode offers you the chance to compete in 5 different grades of tournaments, creating the right challenge for players of every skill level. You’ ll score Grade Points (GP) for tournament wins, and as your GP total grows, you’ ll become eligible to enter into more exclusive tournaments. Winning tournaments will also net you Championship Points (CP). CP are like “ prize money” up for grabs in the tournament. The higher the GP skill of the players in a particular tournament, the bigger the CP prize!
Replay Mode allows you to select and watch the best Championship Mode tournament matches.
- On the PlayStation Network, you can rate matches while you watch according to characteristics such as “ awesome” or “ funny.” Replays are then ranked based on these vote ratings.
- On Xbox Live, instead of rating the matches, you can choose to download and save your favorite replays to study the players’ techniques. You’ ll also be able to turn on the input commands from both players to be able to review their button and joystick motions in precise detail.
In-depth details can be found in this Capcom Unity post.