Capcom’s worst kept secret is no longer a secret! Marvel vs Capcom 2 is coming to Xbox Live! Arcade and PlayStation Network this Summer!
Here’s a summation of what’s in store for this digitally distributed classic:
- Developed by Backbone Entertainment (worked on SSF2T:HDR)
- Based on Dreamcast code base
- Online mode confirmed with similar features found in SSF2T:HDR
- HD upscaling options including “Classic”, “Crisp” and “Smooth”
- High resolution backgrounds
- Widescreen support with “a few camera tricks that minimize any impact on the gameplay”. 4:3 mode available
- No unlocking; all characters available immediately
- Custom soundtracks support
- Will cost $14.99 or 1200 MS points
- Coming Summer 2009
Oh, and there will be an exclusive demo coming to PlayStation Network this week! Glee! But, what is up Capcom and their exclusive demos?
With this coming it’s not a stretch to believe Capcom is developing Marvel vs Capcom 3 using either the Tatsunoko vs Capcom engine or the Street Fighter IV engine (the former being the most obvious choice). They’ve gone through the trouble of reacquiring the Capcom license, why simply use it to rerelease a nine year old game?
P.S – Promo art looks awesome.
Leave a Reply