- Google Apps drops beta moniker (via Cnet)
- Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar and Google Talk out of beta phase
- Gmail has been in beta for five years
- Eidos becomes Square Enix Europe (via Edge)
- Eidos name will live on as a developer, but not as a developer
- Fight Night Round 4 patch to re-add button punches (via GiantBomb)
- Button based punching will return as an option
- Patch slated for an early September release
- A content patch with new gym, accessories, and gameplay sliders will be released in August
- Xbox 360 version of the August patch will sport an alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard
- PSP2 to feature quad core GPU? (via Digital Foundry)
- PSP2 to feature quad core iteration of Imagination Technologies PowerVR “Hydra” (SGX543MP) GPU
- It will be an enhanced version of the same GPU found in the iPhone 3GS
- As a result, the approximated power of the device will rival the original Xbox
- The “Hydra” is also a GP-GPU meaning it can function as a CPU and GPU
- Two “Mechwarrior” teasers surface
Watching those teaser videos were exciting, but reality quickly caught up and I knew I couldn’t relive those great moments of the past. MechWarrior 2 and its two expansions are among my most cherished games of all time; they were awesome. But those days are long gone and I doubt anyone can bring it back. Hell, we don’t even know if this will be a simulation game or a third person action game like MechAssault.
Congrats to Google for finally letting go of those beta tags. It’s about time.
P.S – Farewell Michael Jackson.