So what do we know about the Nintendo 3DS?
- It’ll come out between April 2010 and March 2011
- It can “enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses”
- Full backwards compatibility with previous Nintendo DS products
- The two screens will likely be using parallax barrier Sharp LCD technology
- Screens will likely be no larger than 4 inches
- The handheld will likely use NVIDIA’s Tegra or Tegra 2 GPU
- Will feature improved battery life and Wi-fi capabilities
- May also support a 3D joystick and force feedback
I’ve got to admit, I am excited for this. I’d love to experience some Mario in 3D — especially without glasses! I’m sure we’ll see more at E3 2010!