I was going to do something like this for all the noteworthy and interesting 2011 games that we know of. Thankfully, Sony’s PlayStation.Blog produced their own list which you can peruse here.
Twenty games and all of them exclusive to Sony’s PlayStation 3 platform. So, how many will I end up picking up? Quite a few.
- Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel – I’ve heard of this series before, but that’s all I know of it. I’m not even sure how to pronounce the title.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia – The screenshots are a turn off, but the accompanying synopsis is crazy. I’m curious, but not curious enough to put down money on it. Pass.
- The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection – I’m definitely picking this up. I’ll finally get to play Ico, but I’m most looking forward to replaying SotC at 30 FPS. That’s 10 FPS more than PS2 incarnation!
- inFamous 2 – One of my favorite games of 2008 gets a sequel and it debuts sometime this year. Whenever that time will be, I’ll be there.
- Journey – I’ve purchased all of thatgamecompany’s works and they’ve all been interesting games. Journey seems to be their most intriguing title yet.
- Killzone 3 – Killzone 2 was pretty darn good. The controls took some getting used to and the multiplayer was playable for awhile. I’m willing to fight space nazis once again.
- The Last Guardian – The third game from Team Ico will finally launch? I’ll believe it when I play it with my own two hands. Really curious how this title will turn out.
- LittleBigPlanet 2 – Launches next week and I’m not picking it up until it gets a few price cuts and a PSN release. This game will serve me better installed and disc-less.
- MLB 11 The Show – A baseball game. I’m no baseball fan.
- MotorStorm Apocalypse – I keep saying I’ll pick up a MotorStorm game. Maybe this third installment will be the one that’ll pull the trigger on.
- No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise – Higher resolution visuals and controls (via Move) of the Wii release. I don’t own a Move at the moment, so it’s unlikely that’ll pick this one up.
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 – Sequel to PixelJunk Shooter which left on a cliffhanger. It was also pretty rad. Will get.
- PlayStation Move Heroes – Again, I don’t own a Move.
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One – I loved A Crack in Time. I have my doubts with Insomniac Games’ “B” team’s first release.
- Resistance 3 – I’ve played all the Resistance games thus far. They’ve been pretty disappointing in one way or another, but I might as well continue on with the franchise. Besides, we get to see what happen to Capelli after that shocking ending in R2.
- SOCOM 4 – Wasn’t a fan of SOCOM: Confrontation, but that wasn’t made by Zipper. I wasn’t a fan of Zipper’s last work, MAG, but that’s not what they do best — which is SOCOM. Maybe I’ll try the demo?
- Sorcery – Harry Potter game without the license. Also, I don’t own a Move.
- Twisted Metal – I like David Jaffe, but early footage of this game isn’t very flattering. I’m also not a fan of clowns on motorcycles.
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception – Yeah, I’m so not picking up this game. Pfft.
- Yakuza 4 – I hear this is the best installment of the Yakuza franchise to date. I look forward to it despite the slightly disappointing Yakuza 3.
I’ve bolded the “wants” and italicized the “maybes”. Not too bad of a lineup, Sony.