Yeah, that wasn’t very informative at all. All I can gather from that teaser is that Battlefield 3 will have jets and will be set in the modern day.
We knew that.
Game Informer has the exclusive details and here’s a summary of the important details from this NeoGAF summation:
- Aiming for calendar 2011 release
- PC is the lead version
- Up to 64 players for PC and up to 24 players for console
- Will have co-op
- Will have single player
- More unlocks than BFBC2
- Essentially, everything is destructible
So that’s the meat of the Game Informer coverage, but thanks to the magic of Twitter, we have a few other tidbits:
- Prone will be on all 3 platforms
- Dolphin diving/dropshooting will not work
- Spotting (in an undecided form) will be making a return
- Knives and dogtags will return
- There will be no ziplines or grapple hooks
- There will be bullet drop, but “Doesn’t work the same as BC2 though, it’s a much deeper system.“
- No tracer darts
So far, so good!