More rumors concerning the Wii successor (aka Project Cafe) were revealed today.
According to Kotaku, the new Nintendo console will feature the following:
- 8 GB on-board flash for game saves and content
- Support 25GB optical discs
- Backwards compatible with Wii controllers
- Allow save to SD cards as well
- Controller will feature a screen
- Can act a standard controller
- Display inventory, map or other tertiary information
- Stream entire game outputs onto the controller within an unspecified range
So far it sounds a bit quirky with the whole screen on controller thing, but everything else doesn’t seem to be out of the realm of possibility. Nintendo loves flash memory and backward’s compatibility with a previous generation’s controller already happened with the Nintendo Wii.
The only real curiosity is whether or not Nintendo will be sporting Blu-ray or their own proprietary 25GB disc.