Update: Borderlands 2 confirmed
- Diablo 3 will require online connection — even for single player (via 1UP)
- Diablo 3 will feature Auction House with real money (via 1UP)
- You can use a PlayStation Vita as a PlayStation 3 controller (via EuroGamer)
- Sucker Punch Joins Sony Worldwide Studios (via PS.Blog)
- Catherine is Atlus USA’s Record for Biggest Launch (via IGN)
- Borderlands 2 Coming 2012 (via Game InFormer)
- iPhone 5 Coming to Canada on October 1st? (via MacRumors)
Diablo 3 requiring a persistent online connection — regardless if it’s single player or not — isn’t surprising at all. They want to sell as many copies as possible and this is how they’ll achieve it.
The Auction House involving real money was a bit of a shocker, but not because they’re doing it, but because they’re doing it with Diablo 3. I would have thought that this kind of thing would have rolled out with their next MMORPG. But when there are sites like d2items.com, I guess it’s not that surprising.
I’m glad to see Sucker Punch join Sony. Those guys have done a pretty good job with the two inFamous games. I’m also glad to see Catherine do so well for Atlus USA. I haven’t picked up my copy yet, but I’ll be sure to add to those sales numbers in the future.