It’s Christmas time again. But for me it’s “Boxing Week” time where I gather deals, spend time with family and check on said deals.
I’m not looking for much this holiday season.
- A Wii U Pro Controller
- Some Blu-ray movies that I missed over the past couple of years including The Avengers and Django Unchained
- Gone Home, Stanley Parable and/or Guacamelee
I’m sure there will be surprises on Boxing Day itself but I’m keeping it low key for now. I guess you can consider that my Christmas wish list as well.
I am hoping to get some gaming before NeoGAF’s Game of the Year deadline of January 18th. Super Mario 3D World is the last remaining title in my possession. I was considering picking up Metal Gear Revengeance for PC but we have no idea how that port will fare.
Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 isn’t in the clear yet but a majority of the stability bugs have been squashed — I’ve only crashed once since the last patch. DICE and EA deserves all the flak they’re getting for the handling of Battlefield 4. Every component of the game is still riddle with issues including:
- The server browser and its inability to properly filter games
- Framerate issues
- Single player campaign save file issues
- The inability to alter kits within the game’s Battlelog
- The shoddiness of the Battlelog app where many items do not load properly
Even though we can all play the game now, there are still many issues that need to be addressed before they can get away with calling it a quality product.