It’s the Sunday between Christmas and New Year’s Day. For most people, it’s a time where every day appears to have bled together; where the days may as well not be labelled at all. It’s a time of of consuming both goods, food and entertainment.
Like the several years, I didn’t go into Boxing Day intending to buy. I saw what was available and decided to pull the trigger. Here’s my haul:
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Pacific Rim [Blu-ray] for $15
- Django Unchained [Blu-ray] for $13
- 12 month PlayStation Plus card for $29.99 ($20 off)
- Sertapedic Pillow Special 2 Pack for $9.99
- Guacamelee: Gold Edition for $3.74
- Papers, Please for $4.99
- Finding Nemo [Blu-ray] for $20.89
- Avengers [Blu-ray] for $20.89
Total: ~$148.52 before taxes
That’s a little more than I thought.
As for games? It’s been Super Mario 3D World, Ascension and a dabble of Final Fantasy: Tactics on the iPad. I wanted to play more Battlefield 4 multiplayer but decided against that after reading reports of lag and other network related issues.
It seemed like everyone was experiencing some network service related issue including Nintendo who decided to place their regional eShop stores on shifts.
Speaking of online troubles, I wanted to purchase the Wii U Play w/ Wiimote bundle but the problems with FutureShop’s online store during their Boxing Day online sale prevented my order from going through.
Here’s hoping online services next year fare better.