- Grand Theft Auto V ships 32.5 million units (via Take-Two)
- PlayStation 4 1.60 firmware adds Pulse Elite Headset support (via PS.Blog)
22 minute Strider developer walkthrough
32 million units is an impressive number for one title. But as I was looking through the list of top selling games, I couldn’t help but wonder a number of things:
- There are a lot of Japanese games in that top 30 list
- I don’t think anything will ever reach that Wii Sports number in this console generation
- Would Ubisoft ever consider pooling all their resources into one title once every five years?
- Would Take Two consider following Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed route and annualize GTA instead?
Does the prestige of selling a large amount of units in one shot outweigh the risk of blowing a huge budget on a less than stellar product? Does the trust in a quality developer trounce that same risk? I guess we won’t know until a mainline Grand Theft Auto title fails to reap in the rewards.
Strider looks brilliant. Not since Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Shadow Complex have I been this impressed by a 2.5D side scrolling adventure. I need to figure out which version I’m picking up.