Battlefield: Hardline PlayStation 4 Closed Beta Impressions
Electronic Arts unleashed pyrotechnics for this closed beta and I think that’s the most explosive thing about Battlefield: Hardline. The criticisms laid against are valid, it is very similar to Battlefield 4. The best description I heard was that it’s like Battlefield 4 mod developed by a very talented team.
The Blood Money game mode was entertaining but I can’t help but wonder how it would fare in a a game filled with tanks, APCs and generally more bombastic levels. Walls fells, glass shattered but unlike Siege of Shanghai, this urban sprawl that we were fighting through didn’t have a giant set piece to dazzle me.
There were minor changes here and there that I would love to see DICE bring to Battlefield 4 — but that’s all I took away from the beta. I just wanted to play Battlefield 4 and didn’t see anything in Battlefield: Hardline that would make want to pick it up.
- Destiny Closed Alpha starts today. My brother was invited.
- Mass Effect 4 will reference the original trilogy but will remain separate — as it should
- God of War III director Stig Asmussen joined Respawn Entertainment a couple of months ago
- Nintendo doesn’t find Twitch streaming fun so they won’t implement it. While I don’t find it particularly fun, I know others do
- Aonuma said that Zelda Wii U trailer was gameplay