Epic Games’ Unreal Tournament III for the PLAYSTATION 3 is a game of many firsts including:
- First game Epic Games developed for the PLAYSTATION 3
- First true demonstration of the Unreal Engine 3.0 on the PLAYSTATION 3
- First next-gen console first person shooter to feature mouse and keyboard support.
- First game to feature user created modifications on a console.
- First Unreal Tournament game to remain relatively intact from PC to consoles
- And more…
As you can see, Unreal Tournament III (formerly known as Unreal Tournament 2007) is quite the “revolutionary” game for the console world, but aside from all these bells, whistles and technical flare, how does the game itself stack up? Do the visuals (as Epic claimed) exceed those of Epic’s Gears of War for the XBOX 360? Is the single player a real single player? Is mod support working? I spent time and sought the answers to these questions and here are my findings.