We’re almost done the 2010 holiday gaming season. These are the games of interest that are remaining:
November 21, 2010
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
November 24, 2010
- Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
November 30, 2010
- Epic Mickey (Wii)
I’m definitely picking Donkey Kong Country Returns and Gran Turismo 5.
So with those games coming this and next week, I’m taking a look back at what games I’m missing out on.
- Red Dead Redemption (360) – I keep waiting for a substantial deal to hit this game, but one never shows up.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (360) – It’s an Ubisoft game. It’ll drop down in price really quick.
- Vanquish (PS3) – I wanted to Power Trade for this game, but plans fell through. Now I’m going to wait for a deal.
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PC) – Waiting for the inevitable Steam sale for this one. Seeing how well Burnout: Paradise runs, I have high hopes for the PC version of Criterion’s latest work
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn – No deal or promotion for it kept this one out of reach.
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future & Ace Attorney Investigations – I every intention to pick these two up, but I miss out on sales or just didn’t find the time to slot these in.
- Mafia II (PC) – Waiting for the Steam sale!
- StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty – I’ve decided to wait for the Battlechest. You know it’ll show up. It will take me 3 or 4 years to play StarCraft 2, but I’ll be able to play them all back to back! No doubt it’ll be glorious as well.
- Fable III – I’m hearing negative things about Lionhead’s latest. And with my recent purchase of Fallout: New Vegas for PC, I don’t think I’ll find time for this one this year.
- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker & God of War: Ghost of Sparta – PSP games are just not appealing to me at the moment. If I see an attractive sale, I’ll pick them up.
I didn’t think there would be so many games, but just look at them all. I’m currently $180 under my 2010 gaming budget. I hope I can somehow squeeze at least half of the above in this year.