I guess those early leaks forced Activision’s hand because Call of Duty: Black Ops III was announced earlier today. I liked Treyarch’s Black Ops’ series quite a bit. Treyarch always seemed to be willing to go the extra mile to create something different in both the campaign and multiplayer halves of the game.
IGN have the exclusive preview but here are some high level notables:
- Exclusive to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC
- 4-player co-op (2 player offline) for the campaign
- There are 9 fixed classes called Specialists with specific powers and weapons.
- Zombies mode will have XP progression
- Multiplayer movement is more refined with wall running and power slides
- There will be a beta
A beta? That’s the first beta since Modern Warfare. Pre-ordering will be the key to access.
I’m looking forward to this. I enjoyed what I played of Advanced Warfare but it never stuck with me. I’m hoping Black Ops III will be different. At the very least, the co-op and campaign modes should keep me satisfied.
Speaking of movement, there have been a lot of wall running and rail grinding as I make my way through Sunset Overdrive. inFamous: Second Son may be superior on a technical level but I love the aesthetic that Insomniac Games employed. It’s such a fun style that compliments the gameplay mechanics so well.