» » Troubleshooting the Electrolux EW30IS6CJSB

Troubleshooting the Electrolux EW30IS6CJSB

So your expensive Electrolux Induction range is beeping and has the dreaded error E15 code flashing on the instrument panel and you’re looking for workaround, fixes and answers.

Well, after spending 3 years or so scrounging for answers, I have finally put this issue to rest. Here are my suggestions ranging from simplest fix to most expensive. This issue plagued my parents’ Electrolux EW30IS6CJSB Induction Range but these fixes may be applicable to other models as well.

Lock the Touch Panel

Early on, the error E15 and beeping was popping up after the stove top was used. I was able to get away with simply locking the instrument panel by using the “Control Lock” function. This would suppress the beeping and eventually the E15 code would clear.

Power Cycle Range

In time, the error E15 code and beeping became more prevalent and locking the instrument panel wasn’t enough. Turning off the range at the circuit breaker for 10 minutes would clear the error for a brief period of time.

Error E15 vs E15 + F15

If the issue persists, it’s time to look into replacing parts. I was in the fortunate situation where I had access to a fully functioning range that I could swap parts with. With this in mind, I began digging into documentation and forums.

I found the “Factory Parts Catalog” here (PDF: 5995594321)

This is what the “Service Data Sheet” (PDF: 318127067) has to say about the error code E15:

15 – ESEC Self test fail. 1) Check harness going to ESEC-UIB connection. 2) Replace ESEC-UIB.

Armed with that and the suggestions posters mentioned on the Appliance Parts Pros forum, I ran through the following troubleshooting steps:

Checking Wiring Harness (Part #318402354)

Checked the wires between the oven relay board (Part# 316443916) and the ESEC-UIB (Part #316576452) to ensure they were all properly connected. I even swapped the wiring from the known working range but no luck.

Replacing the ESEC-UIB (Part #316576452)

The ESEC-UIB or Electronic Surface Element Control User Interface Board is located on the lower right hand side of the instrument panel. It is underneath the element controls.

Replacing the ESEC Relay Board (Part# 316443916)

Now we’re getting into the suggestions proposed by forum members. The ESEC Relay Board is a bit tricky to remove because it is nestled between a black plastic cover and the bottom of the touch panel. It’s possible to remove the board by unscrewing the Power Supply Board (Part# 316535200) that’s attached to the plastic cover. Once removed, you will reveal a hole that can access the Relay Board’s remaining screws.

Replacing the Touch Panel (Part # 318387122)

If all else fails, it’s time to replace the “Control Assembly, glass, black, w/interface” aka the touch panel. This is the most expensive part (excess of $1000 CAD) and the most difficult/annoying to replace. It requires you to remove the ribbon cables connecting the various boards to the touch panel, loosen screws that hold the glass top in place and pry away the touch panel itself.

Pro tip: The touch panel is held down by an adhesive strip along the front of the panel. I just rocked it back and forth until the adhesive weakened.

Once I replaced the touch panel, error code E15 did not return.

Replacing the Touch Panel’s ribbon cables?

I was hoping to save hundreds of dollars by replacing the ribbon cables connecting the touch panel and the ESEC-UIB but no luck. The error persisted.

20 Responses

1. happy with your-site

Thanks for the write-up, I got lucky and my E15 problem (that had gotten progressively worse) is now gone after changing 316576452.

2. Jey

I have the same problem with code E15 and before investing too much money to fix it, I would like to know how long have you corrected the problem? Has the problem really disappeared?

• No_Style

Oops. Missed this comment. It’s still fixed!

3. Philip Moore

This fault is interesting. If any of the stove top elements are switched on, even very low on the warming element, the fault doesnt come on. About 5 mins after switching it off, it comes on. I am wondering if the there is a thermocouple that is slightly faulty.
    My issue started after a self clean of the oven and the fault came on right at the end of the cycle.

• Paul N

I experience the same fault as Pilip. Initially to get around the E15 fault I would put a knife and a bit of water on the touch panel which will trigger E11 after a while, with this error you can turn on the stove top element on. Any recommendation on how to fix this issue?

• Eugene

Philip, I noticed the same: E15 does not come on if any of the elements are on. Since I am not using the center warmer, I disconnected its power on the relay board. When the disconnected warmer is “on” the controller does not throw E15. The root cause, however appears to be in the location of the board. On my range it is located in the middle of the oven wall, about 2 ft below the other control boards. I wish I noticed this unfortunate placement earlier. The relay board must be “toasted” by now.

4. Nicky

Do you know where I can get the ribbon cable, it got damaged when we were changing the board…. Anyone?

• Mathieu

Hi Nicky,

Did you eventually found out ? I ve tthe same problem.

M.

• No_Style

Unfortunately not. Sorry. I didn’t have to look for those parts.

5. Janet

If you leave the stove off and do not use it is it dangerous if not repaired?

6. Ed

Well I know what starts the E15 error code. I put my cell phone on the control panel for about 5 seconds and the error code came on. A few minutes later the beeping started.

7. Mathieu

Hi,

I am in the process of changing the ESEC-UIB (Part #316576452) but I’ve been a bit rough with the grey cables that connects the board to the touchscreen. Would you have the part number for this ?

Would you consider changing the power supply (316535200 Board, power supply, 8V, (2)) for the ESEC-UIB (Part #316576452) ?

Thanks,
    M.

8. William Cresswell

Just did the ESEC-UIB (Part #316576452) replacement after “tricking” the unit many times by pushing the door lock button to shut off the very annoying beep beep from error code E15. $150 circuit board did the trick. Taking the ribbon connections off the panel once it is dropped by removing the shiney phillips screws wasn’t a bad job if you take your TIME and use a tiny screwdriver to pry on first one end of the ribbon connection and then the other of each ribbon connection. Once you have the board dangling from the ribbons connected to the new board this is a 2 minute reconnect and re-install the shiney screws holding the board…need not put all the screws back as two is sufficient to hold the board in place. Same thing with the spring screws on either end of the control panel housing…. not necessary to put it back as the panel stays well put with the two bottom screws and the screws securing the corners of the panel to the frame. Those screws are hidden up in the corners and are NOT phillips head…use a square drive instead. Replacing this panel is a piece of cake compared to other jobs on the stove.

• Emily

Hi William, just left a comment about the cooktop not working but the oven was still functioning properly with E15. Did you experience this?

Any help appreciated!

9. Emily

Has anyone experienced a problem where even with the E15 code beeping, the cooktop was not working but the oven still worked?
    Deciding on what to try first! Thanks!

• Lacey Cook

Mine is doing this now…did you find any answers?

10. CJ

Thank you for that detailed troubleshooting – I had the E15 error and changed the ESEC-UEIB – now works again. Although the board was over 200 Dollars, it saved me money by not calling someone in.

11. Rick

Hi. Thanks for this write up. My E-15 started with a spill on the touch panel – which would usually clear itself, but eventually with more use (and spills) it would not clear. It just beeped constantly. Called a repair service – they wouldn’t touch it. Solution in my case was to replace ESEC-UIB. Found the information on this site very helpful – especially the reference to part numbers – as I found the schematic difficult to follow and likely would have ended up ordering the wrong part. Thanks for spending the time to put this together.

12. Max

I have the freestanding version of this oven (cew30if6isa). I’m getting Error 15 now, and assume the parts are the exact same across different models of this oven, but the location would differ. Does anyone know where to find the parts catalog, etc. for this specific model?